Campaign Against Climate Change (Scotland)
Campaign against Climate Change
DEC 3RD DEMONSTRATION SUMMARY
The march will begin in East Market street. It will cross the Waverly Bridge along a bit of Prince’s street up the mound, down the royal mile (lawn market, high st, Cannongate) and finish at the Scottish parliament. Click here for map that allows you to see the route.
Meeting at 11 am. Leaves market street at 11:30. Be at the Scottish Parliament at 12:15. Finnish at Scottish Parliament at 15:00
• Duncan McLaren, Friends of the Earth Scotland
• Mark Ballard, MSP Green Party
• Mark Lazarowicz Labour MP. Introducing the Climate Change and sustainable energy bill at Westminster.
More speakers are being confirmed at the moment.
FUN THINGS AT THE MARCH
1. Choir at the start
2. Drumming Beltane/ G8 drumming group may be doing something in the middle.
3. Canapés and Cocktails collective will be able providing mince pies and warm drinks at the Scottish Parliament.
• 32 countries taking part so far including all G8 nations. Go to http://www.globalclimatecampaign.org/index-en.shtml
INTENTIONS OF THE MARCH
• Show Scotland’s support for the international Demonstrations
• To show that we want a strong follow up to Kyoto.
• Highlight Tony Blair’s current withdrawal from reduced carbon emission targets.
• Raise public awareness of the Climate Change Issue.
LOCAL POINTS OF CONTACT
Dundee: firstname.lastname@example.org Busses are running from Dundee.